Committed to Meaningful Worship
- Shabbat Services ushered in each Friday evening at 6:00 p.m., led by both of our nationally active and acclaimed Rabbis, Judith L. Siegal.and Jonathan Fisch
- Musical enhancement is directed by Cantorial Soloist, Jodi Rozental. Many services include our large, volunteer adult choir.
- Moving and musical Saturday morning Minyan is offered each week at 9:00 a.m., followed by engaging and participatory Torah study at 9:45 a.m.
- Complimentary childcare is offered at every Friday evening Shabbat service.
- Temple Judea offers one High Holy Day service, where our entire adult congregation worships together. Our children concurrently attend their own age-appropriate “High Holy Day Restyled” program.
- Whether worshipping in our beautiful sanctuary, or rejoicing at outdoor services at Matheson Hammock or “Havdalah Happenings” in the park, we are a community that values meaningful, creative, participatory worship.
Dedicated to Lifelong Learning
- Weekly services and educational programs taught, inspired and guided by our Rabbis and educators, and under the supervision and leadership of Director of Education, Beth Young.
- Weekly Torah study and Saturday morning Minyans, as well as bi-monthly Talmud study offered at alternating locations between the Brickell and the Dadeland areas.
- Award-winning Adult Education programs.
- Adult B’nai Mitzvah program.
- Pre-schoolers are nurtured in our NAEYC accredited Margaux Early Childhood School, under the supervision of Early Childhood Director, Mikki Feinberg. Our doors are open to children of all faiths, while Jewish rituals and values are emphasized.
- Our innovative J-PLEx programl provides kindergartners through 12th graders with strong foundations for Judaism. Family education is encouraged in our monthly “Family Moments” program. Temple Judea’s commitment to our children continues with Kabbalat Torah in the 12th grade. Each student has the opportunity to participate in the L’Taken program, sending them to Washington D.C. to engage in a political learning process.
- During Sunday morning religious school, our campus overflows with parents socializing at the coffee cart, classes taught by Rabbi Siegal or enjoying some quiet time in the Library–WiFi accessible and housing both Jewish and Secular materials.
- Each Bar and Bat Mitzvah student is mentored from start to finish by our dedicated B’nai Mitzvah Mentor, Gaby Enser-Tangir. Under her tutelage, along with guidance by the Rabbis, the students are fully prepared to lead their service.
- Social and educational programming is coordinated by the very talented and vivacious Family & Youth Programmer, Danielle Whiting, with four age-appropriate youth groups.
- Temple Judea warmly welcomes interfaith families into our congregation and strives to provide programming to educate and increase the comfort level for all.
Acts of Loving Kindness
- Temple Judea actively supports and participates in community service. It is the basis for creating a community of “Mensches.”
- Our Soup Kitchen has operated for decades, cooking and serving meals weekly to less fortunate members of our South Florida community.
- The Women of Temple Judea, our active and vibrant women’s auxiliary group, partners with an elementary school in Little Haiti.
- B’nai Mitzvah students are required to participate in a Mitzvah project, and take great pride in their accomplishments.
- Our monthly Mitzvah programs bring the Temple together for meaningful activities, giving assistance and spreading cheer throughout South Florida.
- Support groups are offered to meet the needs of our diverse community, including Cancer, bereavement groups, and coping with divorce.
- Temple Judea offers a wide variety of social activities throughout the year – some tied into fundraising efforts, some tied into educational components, and some just for the sake of building friendships. Book clubs, women’s seders, “Vodka & Latkes,” pot-luck Shabbat dinners, progressive dinners, “Dancing with the Temple Judea Stars,” and Purim carnivals, just to name a few. We are a social group and invite you to join in the fun.
- We are community partners with many organizations including Books & Books, bringing world famous authors to speak at the Temple.